Valley Real Estate
Phone: (330) 629 - 9200
- The process of evaluating a loan application to determine the risk involved for the lender. Underwriting involves an analysis of the borrower's creditworthiness and the quality of the real property itself.
- Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (URAR)
- Form used in real estate appraisal. The most current URAR form is the updated March 2005. It is considered a full appraisal with all three approaches to value (cost, sales, and income approach).
- unlawful detainer
- See eviction.
- unsecured loan
- A loan that is not backed by collateral.
- Contrast ► secured loan.
- urban planning
- Urban, city, and town planning integrates land use planning and transport planning with regard to improving the social environments of urbanized municipalities and communities. Another role of urban planning is urban renewal as applied to cities suffering from long-term infra-structural decay.
- USDA Rural Development
- Rural Development is an agency within the Unites states Department of Agriculture whose mission is to eliminate substandard housing from rural America by helping rural people buy, build or rent decent housing. Assistance includes: direct or guaranteed loans, grants, technical assistance, research and educational materials. USDA Rural Development often works in partnership with state, local and tribal governments, as well as rural businesses, cooperatives and nonprofit agencies.
- See ►
- A word that has come to refer to the charging of unreasonable or relatively high rates of interest.